GUYS. Tonight I discovered that where we’re going for our honeymoon is pretty close to Komodo Island.
That’s right! It’s almost exactly what it sounds like: A remote, craggy, devastatingly beautiful prehistoric island full of crazy short legged dinosaurs!
Ok, so it’s not really all that close. In fact, it would entail cutting a good third of our itinerary in order to spend days sailing over to see the park. But COME ON. Look at these pictures and tell me you wouldn’t be a little bit tempted, right?
No? Maybe you should read this quote from National Geographic:
“Komodo dragons have thrived in the harsh climate of Indonesia’s Lesser Sunda Islands for millions of years, although amazingly, their existence was unknown to humans until about 100 years ago. Reaching 10 feet (3 meters) in length and more than 300 pounds (136 kilograms), Komodo dragons are the heaviest lizards on Earth…
"As the dominant predators on the handful of islands they inhabit, they will eat almost anything, including carrion, deer, pigs, smaller dragons, and even large water buffalo and humans.”
And from wikipedia: “Its saliva is frequently blood-tinged, because its teeth are almost completely covered by gingival tissue that is naturally lacerated during feeding. This creates an ideal culture for the bacteria that live in its mouth.It also has a long, yellow, deeply forked tongue.”
WHAT? How do you magnificent creatures even exist?
Anyway, if you don’t now agree that we should totally overhaul our trip in order to see Komodo Island, you’re probably broken.
- spiderwebofthemind reblogged this from beenthinking
- dancedreaminspire reblogged this from sal-etc
- toniobuhhh reblogged this from sal-etc
- giftedjuliie reblogged this from sal-etc
- sal-etc reblogged this from nickfuryseye
- nickfuryseye reblogged this from tillyinwonderland
- sophiethegreat reblogged this from beans-and-trees-burritos
- beans-and-trees-burritos reblogged this from beenthinking and added:
- brianrodd6 reblogged this from beenthinking
- clarasergian reblogged this from beenthinking
- midwesterndays likes this
- hopelessbr0mantic reblogged this from powerslave and added:
- quickandcurious likes this
- sandyandallyproductions said: I must be broken. A broken, broken scaredy cat.
- nogreatillusion said: NO
- jjstgermain likes this
- heymikewaskom said: I couldn’t do it, i HATE reptiles!
- mrsgeiger likes this
- champagne-and-icecream likes this
- ipromisetowrite likes this
- marginalgloss likes this
- kenmentari reblogged this from beenthinking
- sometimesagreatnotion likes this
- forgedhalo likes this
- tutmondigo likes this
- tragos said: This is a very Tragos-endorsed venture.
- tragos likes this
- mills likes this
- bon-bon likes this
- elaina-marie likes this
- classicalconditioning likes this
- n-octivagant reblogged this from beenthinking and added:
- monsterbeard likes this
- gr-atin likes this
- powerslave reblogged this from beenthinking
- beenthinking posted this